Monday, December 22, 2008

We Shall Overcome

Its all in the mind. That is what I have to say regarding this recession thing. Recently I caught up with an uncle of mine who kind off looked sad on the day of his son’s wedding. On prodding him to speak on, he told me the reason. Most of his invited subordinates had to be given the sacking orders next morning. Couldn’t have been a tougher thing to do for someone who is passionate about emotions/relations. Today I say come to my son’s wedding with your family and have your fill. Tomorrow I say find some other job to feed your family. Some might have felt good that now the effect of USA is diminishing but the reality is that it is taking the whole world with it in this globalised world. There are some positives like crude oil rates which were dancing at 150$ per barrel and now are touching 40$.

Some famous economists might show previously dated articles where they might have predicted this but all that is crap. There are just two ways for it too go, UP UP UP or DOWN DOWN DOWN. So there is hell a lot of chance of one’s guesses going right. Had my blog been functional before, I too would have had made an accurate estimate using my solid foundation and understanding of the World’s economics ( sad that my non laughable jokes never find any takers).

Though I guess its all about investor confidence. Recession might send you down from a car to a scooter or a bicycle if you have really bad days but things never remain the same so say with me,

WE SHALL OVERCOME ONE DAY (hum honge kaamyab ek din).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LoL i take your joke..

back to the serious business, we here in pakistan are through the same job and economic recession, which they predict is getting worst everyday, and will hit the bottom line around 2010!

bad news! for everyone, investors or otherwise! but then, as you commented at my blog, hope is what we look for, dont we?

Anonymous said...

Well currently i am suffering through 10% deduction in salaries.

Nabila Zehra Zaidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaber Vasuki said...

I thought you were a real economist (lol :P)

The whole world is like going bad isn't it.

Look at India, something is wrong. There is not big band, or musician, no awesome movie has been made in recent times, the economy is trashed, we're losing jobs. terrorism is bloody outsourced to india now. pollution, climate change, global warming.the white tiger won the booker (why on earth?) obama is not as friendly to india as bush was, and bush got hit with a shoe. depressing relly..but like you say, we'll get over it